Hi there! My name is Joanna Tucker and I am a landscape and portrait photographer in South Central Indiana.
I loved all forms of art growing up as a child- drawing, painting, sculpting, photography- but my love for photography took center stage when I was in college. I eventually upgraded my simple point & shoot camera to a Nikon DSLR and began devoting my spare time in honing my craft, capturing the beauty I find in the world, and sharing my work with others.
Over the past eleven years, I have participated in a variety of competitions in addition to operating a natural light, on-location photography business with a focus on family portraiture and landscapes. Some awards, features, and displays I have been fortunate enough to receive and partake in include:
- Indiana at 200: A Celebration of the Hoosier State, M.T. Publishing (October 2015)
- HSJOnline.org (June 2015)
- Hope Star Journal (January 2014; July 2014)
- The Republic (2009)
- Hope Heritage Days (2016)
- Hoosier Debate (2016)
- Southern Willow Photography (2014)
- Light Inspired (2014)
Competitions & Awards:
- Indiana State Fair (2014– 3rd Place)
- Bartholomew County Fair (2018– Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, 4x Champion; 2016– Champion; 2014– Grand Champion, 3x Champion, 2x Reserve Champion)
- Johnson County Fair (2013– Grand Champion, Champion, & Reserve Champion; 2012– Champion)
- Vigo County Fair (2010– Champion, 2009– 1st Place, Honorable Mention)
On a more personal note, I am a graduate of Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus, have previously served as the Board of Directors President at our local community center, and am the current vice president of the Main Street of Hope board. In my spare time, I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, letting my imagination run wild with a good book, rocking out to new and old tunes alike, and spending time with my family.
I hope you enjoy my work and would love to hear your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment or send me a message on Facebook- www.FB.com/joannatuckerart.