Hi there! My name is Joanna Tucker and I am a landscape and nature photographer in South Central Indiana.
I loved all forms of art growing up as a child- drawing, painting, sculpting, photography- but my love for photography took center stage when I was in college. I eventually upgraded my simple point & shoot camera to a Nikon DSLR and began devoting my spare time in honing my craft, capturing the beauty I find in the world, and sharing my work with others.
Since 2008, I have participated in a variety of photography competitions and enjoy sharing my work at local art events. Some awards, features, and displays I have been fortunate enough to receive and partake in include:
- Indiana at 200: A Celebration of the Hoosier State, M.T. Publishing (October 2015)
- HSJOnline.org (June 2015)
- Hope Star Journal (January 2014; July 2014)
- The Republic (2009)
- Hope Heritage Days (2016)
- Hoosier Debate (2016)
- Southern Willow Photography (2014)
- Light Inspired (2014)
Competitions & Awards:
- Indiana State Fair (2021– Honorable Mention in Professional Black and White Nature Photography and Honorable Mention in Professional Color Open Photography; 2014– 3rd Place in Professional Black and White Wedding Photography)
- Bartholomew County Fair (2021– Reserve Grand Champion, 3x Champion, 3x Reserve Champion; 2018– Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, 4x Champion; 2016– Champion; 2014– Grand Champion, 3x Champion, 2x Reserve Champion)
- Indiana Native Plant Society Photo Contest (2020 – Honorable Mention)
- Johnson County Fair (2013– Grand Champion, Champion, & Reserve Champion; 2012– Champion)
- Vigo County Fair (2010– Champion, 2009– 1st Place, Honorable Mention)
On a more personal note, I am a graduate of Indiana University, a 2020 graduate of the Purdue University Extension Master Gardener program, and a proud member of the South Central Indiana Master Gardeners Association (www.scimga.com). In my spare time, I enjoy digging in the dirt, experimenting in the kitchen, letting my imagination run wild with a good book, and spending time with my family.
I hope you enjoy my work and love to hear your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment or send me a message on Facebook- www.FB.com/joannatuckerart.