Hi there! My name is Joanna Tucker and I am a landscape and portrait photographer in South Central Indiana.
I loved all forms of art growing up as a child- drawing, painting, sculpting, photography- but my love for photography took center stage when I was in college. I eventually upgraded my simple point & shoot camera to a Nikon DSLR and began devoting my spare time in honing my craft, capturing the beauty I find in the world, and sharing my work with others.
Over the past eleven years, I have participated in a variety of competitions in addition to operating a natural light, on-location photography business with a focus on family portraiture and landscapes. Some awards, features, and displays I have been fortunate enough to receive and partake in include:
- Indiana at 200: A Celebration of the Hoosier State, M.T. Publishing (October 2015)
- HSJOnline.org (June 2015)
- Hope Star Journal (January 2014; July 2014)
- The Republic (2009)
- Hope Heritage Days (2016)
- Hoosier Debate (2016)
- Southern Willow Photography (2014)
- Light Inspired (2014)
Competitions & Awards:
- Indiana State Fair (2014– 3rd Place)
- Bartholomew County Fair (2018– Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, 4x Champion; 2016– Champion; 2014– Grand Champion, 3x Champion, 2x Reserve Champion)
- Johnson County Fair (2013– Grand Champion, Champion, & Reserve Champion; 2012– Champion)
- Vigo County Fair (2010– Champion, 2009– 1st Place, Honorable Mention)
On a more personal note, I am a graduate of Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus and am the former Board of Directors President at our local community center. In my spare time, I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, letting my imagination run wild with a good book, rocking out to new and old tunes alike, and spending time with my police officer husband, our new baby, and the gigantic “fur” child named Gandalf the Gray.
I hope you enjoy my work and would love to hear your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment or send me a message on Facebook- www.FB.com/joannatuckerart.